Local Director: CEF of Cascade County, Montana
|Date Posted||09 Jan|
Child Evangelism Fellowship, Inc.
PO Box 21337
Billings, MT 59104
The local director is responsible for:
The local director should demonstrate a balanced approach to Christian living in:
1. Promotes the ministry in the local chapter with the goal of increasing church partnerships and primary ministries.
2. Recruits staff and volunteers, ensuring that they are adequately trained and equipped for ministry. Builds a multi-staff team.
3. Develops, implements and grows an effective prayer program.
4. Aggressively pursues primary ministries that fulfill the full purpose of CEF through continual promotion within the sphere of his/her influence.
5. Maintains direct ministry contact with children through CEF sponsored programs.
6. Builds and maintains Christian Youth In Action® (CYIA™) ministry. Enlists staff and volunteers to help recruit short-term missionaries. Provides year-round ministry opportunities to CYIA missionaries.
7. Oversees all CEF-related ministries in the local chapter.
8. Promotes further opportunities to serve—including Good News Across America, Short-term Missions, Adventure Bound and other CEF ministries.
9. Participates in the CYIA training school as assigned by the state director.
1. Develops with the local committee, and effectively communicates the vision and written strategic plan for the evangelization and discipleship of all the children within the local chapter and oversees the implementation of that plan.
2. Strives to develop and establish ministry among the children in unreached cities, towns and neighborhoods within the local chapter.
3. Recruits people to do the work of the ministry (both paid and volunteer).
4. Meets regularly with the paid and volunteer staff members to provide encouragement, counsel and direction.
5. Aids the paid and volunteer staff in developing and evaluating their ministry goals.
6. Encourages the local committee to take advantage of committee training opportunities available.
7. Works with the local committee to raise sufficient funds to accomplish the plans and objectives laid out by the local committee.
8. Provides assistance and training to the paid staff as they seek to raise sufficient funds for their ministry.
9. Follows the policies and procedures of the state and national organizations and sees that all staff and volunteers are adhering to the policies.
10. Completes routine employee appraisals with all paid staff.
11. Works with paid staff and volunteers helping them in leadership development skills.
12. Oversees (and teaches if necessary) the teacher training program and provides the necessary training for the staff to perform the job well.
1. Ensures that all policies and procedures are being followed.
2. Keeps accurate and complete records.
3. Works with the budget committee to develop an annual budget at the beginning of the fiscal year for approval by the local committee.
4. Submits the budget of the local chapter to the state director for state board approval.
5. Ensures that all reports, minutes, communications and moneys are forwarded to the proper offices in a timely manner.
6. Sends out thank-you notes and ensures that receipts are mailed in a timely manner.
7. Communicates accurately and in a timely manner with the state director and local committee.
8. Attends all local directors meetings sponsored by the state office.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by the committee and/or state director.
|Qualifications||1. Is a team player and functions well in a group.
2. Has good written, verbal and public speaking skills.
3. Has basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite recommended).
4. Is self-motivated, organized and able to motivate people.
5. Demonstrates leadership ability.
6. Must pass a criminal background check as required by the USA Child Protection Policy.
7. Meets the specific qualifications necessary to perform the requirements of the job description.
8. Is willing to raise support.
9. Is born again, has the assurance of salvation and is willing to give a testimony of his salvation before the other members.
10. Has a good testimony at home, on the job and in his neighborhood and local
church as reflected by both speech and conduct.
11. Is actively involved in a local church.
12. Is doctrinally sound, agreeing with the Statement of Faith and Doctrinal Protection Policy and annually signing the Workers Compliance Agreement.
13. Is interdenominational in spirit, i.e., willing to work with other believers in accordance with the Workers Compliance Agreement.
14. Believes both in the possibility and necessity for children to be saved from sin by coming to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
15. Feels called to serve in this ministry.
16. Has learned to trust the Lord for victory, wisdom and guidance.
|How to Apply||Apply online at www.cefonline.com; select Serve, then Online Employment Application. You will be asked to create a username and password before completing the application. You can stop at any time, save your work and then return later. For assistance call 1-800-300-4033, Ext. 1204 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Go back to last page|