Website CEF of New Jersey, Inc.
Assistant Local Director for Greater Paterson Job Description
Employer: Child Evangelism Fellowship of New Jersey, Inc.
Immediate Supervisor: Local Director of the North Jersey Chapter
The Assistant Local Director for Greater Paterson is primarily responsible to develop effective primary ministry (Good News Clubs® and 5-Day Clubs®) in the Greater Paterson area through church and community partnerships.
QUALIFICATIONS – The Assistant Local Director must:
• Have a demonstrated love for Jesus Christ and prayer, and an unquestionable passion to reach kids with the Gospel.
• Be a continual learner, relevant, love people and demonstrate an ability to connect with people and communicate CEF’s vision.
• Love the local church and other Christian organizations and value them as ministry partners.
• Have skills to provide leadership to groups, communicate vision, and conduct ministry programs.
• Affirm the CEF Statement of Faith and exercise biblical conduct, both publicly and privately.
• Have completed one year of formal Bible Training (or equivalent).
• Complete all necessary child protection policy requirements.
• Urban ministry experience would be a plus.
MINISTRY – In the Greater Paterson area, the Assistant Local Director is responsible to:
• Help grow the chapter’s local prayer program.
• Aggressively pursue church and community partnerships which will fulfill the purpose of CEF: evangelize, disciple and establish the next generation to God and His church. (Primarily for 5-Day Club and Good News Club.)
• Cultivate relationships with resource churches, which may not be located in Paterson, but which have a heart for the city.
• Equip, develop and encourage volunteer teams to serve God in this ministry.
• Be involved in a minimum level of direct ministry with children to maintain an understanding of today’s child and evaluate the ministry’s effectiveness.
• Organize and participate in ministry training events for Paterson volunteers.
• Recruit students (grades 9-college) who may be potential Christian Youth In Action (CYIA), participate in CYIA training as requested by the local and state leaders, and help CYIA become/remain successful.
• Participate in chapter-wide events, projects, and training as requested by the local director.
• Participate in ministry fundraising.
LEADERSHIP – The Assistant Local Director will:
• Meet regularly with the local director to strategize and assess progress and effectiveness in developing ministry in Paterson.
• Develop leadership skills in Paterson area volunteers and CYIA.
ADMINISTRATIVE – The Assistant Local Director must:
• Communicate CEF policies and ensure all primary ministry volunteers have completed appropriate training and child protection policy compliance prior to participating in ministry.
• Ensure that all ministry reports are submitted to the local director on a timely basis.
• Keep contacts and activity current in the shared ministry CRM software.
• Attend committee meetings, state-sponsored meetings and CEF conferences as requested by the local director.
Once hired, the Assistant Local Director will be expected to:
• Successfully complete the CEF Children’s Ministries Institute in the first year of service (full 12-week program, some of which may be completed online).
• Maintain an incarnational ministry in Paterson by living in the area.
As a religious organization, Child Evangelism Fellowship is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion.