The Southwest Chapter of Child Evangelism Fellowship of ND is seeking a Local Director. A candidate should be passionate about seeing children reached with the Gospel.
A qualified candidate will exemplify a balanced approach to Christian living; have a self-motivated, outgoing personality; feel confident in meeting with local pastors to discuss church partnerships for starting Good News Clubs; be willing to contact and meet with Christian men and women to raise funds for the local ministry; value teamwork in working with a board to set ministry goals and objectives; and demonstrate an ability to inspire, lead, and manage a staff. Verbal, written, and public speaking skills are a must, as are conflict resolution skills.
A candidate should be prepared to meet these challenges through prayer, allowing the Lord to lead and then follow His direction in faith and trust. This is a full-time PAID position. For a full role description, please see below.
The local director is responsible for:
- fulfilling the purpose of Child Evangelism Fellowship
- executing and accomplishing the plans and objectives of USA Ministries, the local committee and state board
- overseeing all ministry within the local chapter
The local director should demonstrate a balanced approach to Christian living in:
- a daily walk with God
- local church
- Promotes the ministry in the local chapter with the goal of increasing church partnerships and primary ministries.
- Recruits staff and volunteers, ensuring that they are adequately trained and equipped for ministry.
- Builds a multi-staff team.
- Develops, implements and grows an effective prayer program.
- Aggressively pursues primary ministries that fulfill the full purpose of CEF through continual promotion within the sphere of his/her influence.
- Maintains direct ministry contact with children through CEF sponsored programs.
Builds and maintains Christian Youth In Action (CYIA™) ministry.
- Enlists staff and volunteers to help recruit short-term missionaries.
- Provides year-round ministry opportunities to CYIA missionaries.
- Oversees all CEF-related ministries in the local chapter.
- Promotes further opportunities to serve—including Good News Across America, Short-term Missions, Adventure Bound and other CEF ministries.
- Participates in the CYIA training school as assigned by the state director.
- Develops with the local committee, and effectively communicates the vision and written strategic plan for the evangelization and discipleship of all the children within the local chapter and oversees the implementation of that plan.
- Strives to develop and establish ministry among the children in unreached cities, towns and neighborhoods within the local chapter.
- Recruits people to do the work of the ministry (both paid and volunteer).
- Meets regularly with the paid and volunteer staff members to provide encouragement, counsel and direction.
- Aids the paid and volunteer staff in developing and evaluating their ministry goals.
- Encourages the local committee to take advantage of committee training opportunities available.
- Works with the local committee to raise sufficient funds to accomplish the plans and objectives laid out by the local committee.
- Provides assistance and training to the paid staff as they seek to raise sufficient funds for their ministry.
- Follows the policies and procedures of the state and national organizations and sees that all staff and volunteers are adhering to the policies.
- Completes routine employee appraisals with all paid staff.
- Works with paid staff and volunteers helping them in leadership development skills.
- Oversees (and teaches if necessary) the teacher training program and provides the necessary training for the staff to perform the job well.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are being followed.
- Keeps accurate and complete records.
- Works with the budget committee to develop an annual budget at the beginning of the fiscal year for approval by the local committee.
- Submits the budget of the local chapter to the state director for state board approval.
- Ensures that all reports, minutes, communications and moneys are forwarded to the proper offices in a timely manner.
- Sends out thank-you notes and ensures that receipts are mailed in a timely manner.
- Communicates accurately and in a timely manner with the state director and local committee.
- Attends all local directors meetings sponsored by the state office.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the committee and/or state director.
As a religious organization, Child Evangelism Fellowship is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion.