Website CEF of Virginia, Inc.
The local director develops volunteers and other leaders, and he/she serves as the face of the local chapter.
- Must have a demonstrated love for Jesus Christ and prayer, and an unquestionable passion to reach children with the Gospel.
- Must be able to recognize how God moves in our midst as He builds the local work one person/one church at a time.
- Must be a continual learner, relational, and demonstrate an understanding of how to lead others.
- Must love the local church and understand how to mobilize them as ministry partners.
- Must have skills to identify other leaders, organize groups, cast vision and evaluate the ministry programs
- Must have extensive experience in Biblically teaching and evangelizing children.
- Must have a flawless record in behavior towards children and families.
- Has experience discipleship of and training for staff and volunteers.
- Is an effective teacher willing to lead, coach and correct staff and volunteers.
- Has at least one year of Bible College or Seminary training, maintaining a good academic performance.
The local director is responsible for:
- Fulfilling the purpose of Child Evangelism Fellowship in the chapter
- Executing and accomplishing the plans and objectives of USA Ministries, the local committee and state board
- Overseeing all aspects of the ministry within the local chapter with the assistance of the local committee, volunteers and staff
The local director should demonstrate a balanced approach to Christian living in:
- a daily walk with God
- local church
The local director must: 1) agree with and be able to sign CEF’s statement of faith; and 2) understand that the foundation of ministry is prayer, and stay committed to developing, implementing, and growing an effective prayer program.
- Promotes the ministry in the local chapter with the goal of increasing church partnerships and primary ministries of After-School Good News Club (ASGNC) and 5-Day Clubs staffed by Christian Youth In Action® (CYIA).
- Recruits staff and volunteers, ensuring that they are adequately trained and equipped for ministry.
- Maintains direct ministry contact with children through CEF sponsored programs.
- Builds and maintains Christian Youth In Action® (CYIA) ministry. Enlists staff and volunteers to help recruit short-term missionaries. Provide additional ministry opportunities to CYIA missionaries.
- Arrange and help present training such as Kick-Off & Quick Start Training for ASGNC in the fall and Jump Start in February for CYIA and potential CYIA.
- Promotes further opportunities to serve-including Short-term Missions and other CEF ministries.
- Participates in the CYIA training school as assigned by the state director.
- Develops with the local committee a strategic plan that comports with the State Board’s plan, and effectively communicates it and oversees its implementation.
- Strives to develop and establish ministry among the children in unreached cities, towns and school districts within the local chapter area.
- Recruits people to do the work of the ministry (both paid and volunteer).
- Meets regularly with the paid and volunteer staff members to provide encouragement, counsel, evaluation of ministry goals and leadership development.
- Encourages the local committee to take advantage of available committee training.
- Works with the local committee and paid staff to raise sufficient funds to accomplish the plans and objectives laid out by the local committee.
- Follows the policies and procedures of the state and national organizations and sees that all staff and volunteers are adhering to the policies.
- Completes routine employee appraisals with all paid staff.
- Oversees (and teaches if necessary) the teacher training program and provides the necessary training for the staff to perform their job well.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are being followed.
- Keeps adequate records.
- Works with the local committee to develop an annual budget at the beginning of the fiscal year for approval by the local committee and submission to the State Board.
- Submits the budget of the local chapter to the state director for state board approval.
- Ensures that all reports, minutes, communications and moneys are forwarded to the proper offices in a timely manner.
- Ensures that receipts and thank-you notes are mailed in a timely manner.
- Communicates accurately and in a timely manner with the state director and local committee.
- Attends all local directors meetings sponsored by the state office.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the local committee and/or state director.
The following skills will be needed. The level of proficiency can be developed.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat basic.
- Familiar with using the Internet to conduct searches and research
- Must be able to use MailChimp to connect with volunteers and to give updates on ministry
As a religious organization, Child Evangelism Fellowship is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion.