Website Child Evangelism Fellowship Inc.
Position: Communications Administrator
Department: International Ministries
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Outreach
GENERAL MINISTRY OVERVIEW
Provides timely and clear communication specific to International Ministries sharing information with all concerned parties to strengthen the unity and ministry of the CEF family worldwide. Gives administrative support by gathering, preparing, maintaining, organizing, and updating information. Promotes and facilitates prayer support for the CEF ministry worldwide.
- Plans, develops, and distributes communication unique to the International Ministries department.
- Communicates to IHQ, CEF international missionaries, and other interested parties to encourage, enlist, and equip.
- Builds prayer support for international ministries in creative ways.
- Maintains a spirit of teamwork within the department by contributing ideas and assisting as possible.
- Promptly communicates announcements and alerts to the international field.
- Manages firstname.lastname@example.org keeping in mind security issues and current situations.
- Assists in answering general phone calls and email inquiries for the department, passing them to the appropriate person as needed.
- Writes or sources articles and publishes newsletter(s) to various CEF audiences (national workers, retired missionaries, prayer warriors, etc.) via Constant Contact, or in print if deemed best.
- Seeks out news and information to promote the international nature of CEF, providing it to various departments (E.g., GPM department, Creative Services, etc.) via the stories folder. Periodically reminds the departments of this folder.
- Connects with communications staff in other departments to learn, encourage, and develop cohesive communication plans and strategies.
- Builds prayer support for the international field within IHQ and among the larger CEF family.
- Compiles and coordinates production of the “International Prayer Fellowship” calendar.
- Serves on the World Day of Prayer committee, gathers and edits requests from regional directors to be submitted to Executive Assistant to the President, then sends final draft for translation.
- Oversees the weekly flag-raising ceremonies, brainstorming creative means for building IHQ participation, and assigning tasks as needed to the IM team.
- Oversees the editing process and routes for approvals any newsletters received for the US-sent Missionaries and Regional Directors. Notifies them when the letter is ready to send and submits letters to production as needed.
- Receives, reads, distributes, and files (on the network) newsletters that come to IM from field staff and missionaries. Calls to supervisor’s attention anything questionable that comes to light through the newsletter (E.g., missing travel forms, security issues, promoting unapproved projects, etc.).
- Notifies pertinent IHQ IM staff (and others as requested by supervisor) of quarterly Board of Trustees report due dates. Collects, organizes, and submits reports.
- Participates and assists in preparation for (as assigned by supervisor) IM related meetings, conferences, workshops, etc.
- Coordinates CMI class “CEF around the World” by notifying the IM team ahead of time, updating the regional bookmarks, seeing that staff is ready with appropriately up-to-date creative presentations, assigns student groups and secures a small treat for students at the end of the class.
- Maintains Constant Contact mailing lists and email contact lists.
- Facilitates US-sent missionaries’ review of their mailing list annually in July and forwarding any changes to mail processing.
- Immediately updates the IM Contact List (position changes, contact information/etc.) upon notification and notifies the IM Team and IHQ departments of changes.
- Keeps records of country status, security level, security codes, etc. and updates IM and IHQ supervisors as needed.
- Maintains, updates, and assigns logins for the IM portion of staff.cefonline.com.
- Ensures current copies of all critical materials are available for international staff download (E.g., IM manuals, forms, tools).
- Promotes, troubleshoots, and trains nationals in the use of the international staff site.
- Builds a strong communications program for the future by continuous process improvement, capturing clear procedures and vision casting through the Communications Manual.
- Values worldwide missions
- Understands the importance of evangelizing children
- Sees prayer for our international field as critically important
- Possesses strong communication skills
- Thinks “outside the box” and is comfortable making suggestions and asking questions
- Experienced with or willing to learn Constant Contact
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
As a religious organization, Child Evangelism Fellowship is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion.
To apply for this job please visit fs21.formsite.com.