Website Child Evangelism Fellowship Inc.
Child Evangelism Fellowship Inc.
International Headquarters, Warrenton, MO
Position: Financial Assistant – General Ledger
Department: Financial Services
Supervisor: Director of Finance
The Financial Assistant – General Ledger is responsible for the general ledger accounting needs for CEF. This position will be responsible for the bank accounts, fixed assets and journal entries. This position will assist the Director of Finance with the budget process and the audit process for CEF.
Realizes the importance of the CEF Culture Points and commits to upholding them personally and in the ministry of CEF (The importance of Godly leadership at every level, of the spiritual welfare of our workers, of prayer as our foundation, of evangelizing children, of a clear and Biblical presentation of the Gospel and of a commitment to excellence, for the glory of God).
- Prepares monthly journal entries.
- Verifies all subledgers balance to the general ledger.
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts each month.
- Verifies all deposit totals and balances cash receipts.
- Reconciles and posts daily income to the general ledger.
- Handles gift in kind and stock gift donations.
- Keeps the checkbook records current and reconciles all bank accounts to the general ledger each month and reviews the outstanding checks to recommend any potential write offs.
- Monitors the bank accounts daily, notifying the Director of Finance of any problems or cash transfer needs.
- Verifies the legitimacy of all overseas checks clearing the bank and notify the Director of Finance is fraud is suspected.
- Assists in preparing the monthly financial statements.
- Prepares schedules for the annual audit and tax return.
- Assists with the verification of the accuracy of departmental budgets and assists with the preparation of the corporate budget.
- Prepares weekly cash flow reports.
- Prepares and files CEF USA sent missionary tax returns as requested by the missionaries.
- Facilitates the preparation of 1099s.
- Prepares annual reports for ECFA, Missouri and Michigan
- Maintains a solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Supports and adheres to all financial and organization policies.
- Backup department co-worker positions during absences as needed.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Director of Finance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Has a desire to serve and provide for the needs of other departments.
- Strong communication skills and collaboration across departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in computer skills (Word, Excel and Access).
- Shows attention to detail.
- Has excellent people skills.
- Has problem-solving skills.
- Required BA or BS in Accounting.
- CPA certification or be in the process of attaining the CPA certification.
As a religious organization, Child Evangelism Fellowship is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion.
To apply for this job please visit fs21.formsite.com.