|We are looking for a team leader, a partnership creator, a people encourager who has a passion for reaching children and their families and can inspire others to have a passion for that mission as well. The Greater Tucson area (Pima County) has strong CEF history and relationships with churches and ministry funding to grow our outreach under leadership with vision. The current director has served faithfully for 30 years and lovingly and competently led the ministry well. We are looking for the next leader that will train and equip the next generation to expand the ministry to children and compel them to begin a lifelong journey with Jesus.Application, interview, and hiring can happen quickly with the right candidate, salary is commensurate with experience, retirement, vacation, health insurance will be discussed. Start date is very flexible between January 1 and July 31.
QUALIFICATIONS – The local director must:
- Possess leadership qualities as found in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Have a demonstrated love for Jesus Christ and prayer, and an unquestionable passion to reach kids with the Gospel.
- Be a continual learner, relevant, strategist, love people and demonstrate an understanding of how to lead and build a team that is diverse in skills, experience and culture.
- Love the local church and other Christian organizations and value them as ministry partners.
- Have skills to identify other leaders, organize groups, cast vision and evaluate the ministry programs.
GENERAL – The local director is responsible for:
- Fulfilling the purpose of Child Evangelism Fellowship.
- Executing and accomplishing the vision of the state board and USA Ministries.
- Overseeing all aspects of the local chapter.
MINISTRY – The local director must:
- Understand that the foundation of ministry is prayer and lead by example in being committed to developing, implementing, improving and growing an effective local prayer program.
- Aggressively pursue church partnerships which will fulfill the purpose of CEF: evangelize, disciple and establish the next generation to God and His church.
- Be able to identify, enlist, equip, develop, and encourage others to become an effective, multi-staff team serving God in this ministry.
- Be involved in a minimum level of direct ministry with children to maintain an understanding of today’s child and to adequately evaluate the effectiveness of CEF programs.
- Be able to identify students (grades 9 – college) who may be potential CYIAers, personally participate in CYIA as assigned by state leadership, and help CYIA become/remain successful.
- Establish, develop, and improve ministry effectiveness throughout the entire chapter.
LEADERSHIP – The local director will:
- Work with the local committee in providing vision and strategic plans for evangelizing and discipling all children within the chapter, striving to establish them with local churches.
- Meet regularly with and lead ministry staff and volunteers to provide encouragement, counsel, and direction.
- Assist ministry staff and volunteers in developing and evaluating their ministry goals.
- Encourage the local committee to take advantage of committee training opportunities.
- Work with the local committee in raising sufficient funds for the ministry.
- Annually assess all ministry staff.
- Develop leadership skills in ministry staff, volunteers, and summer missionaries.
- Oversee and constantly evaluate the teacher training program.
ADMINISTRATIVE – The local director will:
- Ensure that all CEF policies and procedures are followed and proper governance is maintained.
- Keep accurate and complete records.
- Work with the local committee to develop and submit an annual budget to the state director for state board approval to be implemented January 1 yearly.
- Ensure that all reports, minutes, communications, money, and donor receipts are submitted as required.
- Communicate accurately about the chapter condition to the state director and local committee.
- Attend all state-office-sponsored meetings as requested by the state director or board.
As a religious organization, Child Evangelism Fellowship is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion.