Website Child Evangelism Fellowship, Inc.
Position: Maintenance Technician/Grounds Crew
Supervisor: Maintenance Director
Performs maintenance, repair, adjustment and minor construction work in the trades to ensure that facilities are properly maintained and meet CEF standards. Duties may fall into a variety of trades, not limited to but including carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, grounds and landscaping, mechanical, energy management, fire and life safety and keys/security systems.
Realizes the importance of the CEF Culture Points and commits to upholding them personally and in the ministry of CEF (The importance of Godly leadership at every level, of the spiritual welfare of our workers, of prayer as our foundation, of evangelizing children, of a clear and Biblical presentation of the Gospel and of a commitment to excellence, for the glory of God).
Typical Duties and Responsibilities (May perform some or all of the duties listed below).
- Repairs and maintains a variety of facilities systems, components and structures; repairs building plumbing, low voltage, and line voltage electric systems, door hardware, fire and life safety protection equipment/systems; constructs and maintains indoor/outdoor facilities, fans, lights and
- Under the direction of the Grounds and Safety Manager, works independently to perform a wide range of landscape maintenance duties, working safely with gas and diesel powered equipment including mowers, tractors, chainsaws etc., and attending to plants, trees and lawns.
- Maintains HVAC units; cleans and inspects all equipment, completes filter changes, lubricates, maintains and services mechanical and refrigeration and/or cooling
- May install waste, vent, and domestic water distribution systems
- Performs service and preventative maintenance on small motorized equipment
- Maintains a broad working knowledge of materials, systems and code requirements related to maintenance of CEF IHQ.
- Completes work orders as assigned
- Assists the Grounds and Safety Manager in regular snow and ice removal, fire systems and equipment checks and start-up operations as assigned.
- Knows and understands all safety procedures of CEF.
- Willingly performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors with exposure to various weather
- May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions, noise and temperature
- Position involves frequent bending, standing, kneeling, climbing ladders, reaching below and above shoulders, and lifting objects weighing up to 50 while performing job duties.
- Wrist, hand and finger dexterity is required to operate various equipment and
High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of facilities maintenance, construction, or repair
- Two years of education or training, or an Associate Degree, in the facilities maintenance trades may substitute for two years of work experience.
- Some positions may require two years of experience in a specialized
- Must have a valid driver’s license for operation of a motor vehicle in Missouri and possess an acceptable driving
- Must be able to effectively use email and automated calendaring systems; use the assigned two-way radios; take time to keep the work area safe, clean and neat as they work; make arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately; learn and apply health and safety regulations; work independently with minimal supervision; understand and follow oral and written directions; optimize efficiencies provided by automated maintenance management and service request tools; work from blue prints, shop drawings and sketches; establish and maintain cooperative working
As a religious organization, Child Evangelism Fellowship is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion.
To apply for this job please visit fs21.formsite.com.