The MJP chapter in central PA is looking for a person to fill the role of local coordinator. This Individual would oversee the ministry that is located in a rural setting and has an active local committee that is committed to the ministry.
- must have a demonstrated love for Jesus Christ and prayer, and an unquestionable passion to reach kids with the Gospel.
- must be able to recognize how God moves in our midst as He builds the local work one person/one church at a time.
- must be a continual learner, relational, and demonstrate an understanding of how to lead others.
- must love the local church and understand how to mobilize them as ministry partners.
- must have skills to identify other leaders, organize groups, cast vision and evaluate the ministry programs
GENERAL. The local director is responsible for:
- fulfilling the purpose of Child Evangelism Fellowship.
- executing and accomplishing the vision of the state board and CEF USA.
- overseeing all aspects of the local chapter.
MINISTRY. The local director must:
- understand the foundation of ministry is prayer and stay committed to developing, implementing, and growing an effective prayer program.
- aggressively pursue church partnerships which will fulfill the purpose of CEF: reaching, teaching, and connecting the next generation to God and His church.
- be able to identify, enlist, equip, develop, and encourage paid staff and volunteers to become an effective, multi-staff team.
- maintain a level of direct ministry with children to maintain a current understanding of kid culture to adequately evaluate the effectiveness of CEF programs.
- be able to identify students (grades 9 – college) who may be potential CYIAers, personally participate in CYIA as assigned by the state director, and help CYIA become/remain successful.
- strive to establish, develop, and improve ministry effectiveness throughout the entire chapter.
LEADERSHIP: The local director will:
- work with the local committee in providing vision and strategic plans for reaching and discipling all children within the chapter, striving to connect them with local churches.
- meet regularly with and lead paid staff and volunteers to provide encouragement, counsel, and direction.
- assist paid staff and volunteers in developing and evaluating their ministry goals.
- encourage the local committee to take advantage of committee training opportunities.
- assist the local committee in raising sufficient moneys to fund the budget.
- complete routine assessments of all paid staff.
- work toward developing leadership skills in paid staff, volunteers, and summer missionaries.
- oversee and constantly evaluate the teacher training program.
ADMINISTRATIVE. The local director will:
- ensure that all CEF policies, procedures, and best practices are being followed, including governance.
- keep accurate and complete records.
- work with the local committee to develop and submit an annual budget to the state director for state board approval to be implemented January 1 yearly.
- ensure that all reports, minutes, communications, moneys, and thank-you notes are submitted as required.
- communicate accurately about the chapter condition to the state director and local committee.
- attend all state-office-sponsored meetings as requested by the state director or board.
As a religious organization, CEF is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion.