|CEF of North Alabama is seeking an office manager/bookkeeper for a part time position. Please apply by November 14, 2022.Job Description
The Office Manager/Bookkeeper will perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the staff and the CEF Committee to facilitate the efficient operation of the Child Evangelism Fellowship organization’s North Alabama Chapter (CEF NAL).
1. A growing Christian of high integrity
2. A team player
3. Flexible, cheerful, and patient; exhibiting the fruit of the Spirit (Gal 5:22-23)
4. Able to meet people comfortably and confidently
5. Organized, competent, efficient, and creative
6. Proficient in the Microsoft Office tool suite and other software programs
7. Able to multi-task and problem solve
8. Able to write and edit well; possessing proficiency in grammar, usage, and style
9. Able to safeguard confidential material
10. Knowledgeable of accounting basics and proficient in bookkeeping skills
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following, though other duties may be assigned.
1. Greet visitors to the office, assisting whenever possible
2. Answer the telephone cordially, directing phone inquiries to the appropriate staff or committee member(s)
3. Cheerfully perform miscellaneous details (unscheduled, unspecified, and unexpected as assigned by the CEF NAL Director or Committee)
1. Handle office mail, including pick-up, drop-off, distribution, and responding as appropriate.
2. Prepare mailings, newsletters, invoices, and bills
3. Acquire a working knowledge of CEF Press operations, curriculum, songs, material, etc.
4. Guide and assist the Good News Club leaders and other ministry partners in such matters as record keeping, ordering materials through CEF Press, etc.
5. Forward incoming general e-mails, voicemail, etc., to the appropriate staff or committee member(s)
6. Organize CEF NAL workflow by setting priorities, developing work schedules, monitoring progress toward goals, tracking activities, etc.
7. File all necessary CEF NAL Committee minutes, reports, documents, etc.
8. Type at least 25 words per minute
Office Manager Responsibilities
1. Update records/contacts, including creating or modifying an accurate database; update mailing labels as needed
2. Maintain and follow up with CEF NAL’s statistical reports
3. Record CEF NAL statistical information and help the Director to prepare and transmit properly formatted reports consistent with CEF organizational requirements
4. Maintain a complete inventory of supplies needed to support the CEF NAL office and (under the Director’s guidance) its assistance to local Good News Clubs
5. Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment in consultation with the CEF NAL Director and Committee
6. Take the initiative in problem-solving and improving office efficiency
7. Keep abreast of current trends and developments in technology, software, etc.
1. Assist in the design and preparation of brochures, cover pages, etc.
2. Prepare public relations items (mailers, flyers, etc.)
3. Keep website calendar, prayer requests, and information up to date
1. Mastering accounting basics and the use of Quickbooks accounting software
2. Recording, receipting, and depositing donations
3. Making and posting financial transactions (deposits, disbursements, transfers, etc.)
4. Maintaining and archiving accurate financial records
5. Preparing financial reports (monthly, annually, and as needed)
6. Supporting both the CEF NAL Committee and the CEF of Alabama Board as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements and responsibilities are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. All Office Manager candidates must agree to CEF policies and practices, including submitting to a background check, affirming the CEF Statement of Faith, and adhering to the CEF Child Protection Policy. Additionally, all candidates must submit a Letter of Recommendation from either their pastor or another church leader/elder.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may need to lift boxes of paper or files, open filing cabinets, and bend and stand as necessary. CEF NAL rents office space on the second level of a building that has no elevator. Hence, the employee must be able to physically walk up the stairs to access our work spaces. Otherwise, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Office Manager/Bookkeeper will be under the direct supervision of the CEF NAL Director and Committee and will receive a yearly job review and performance appraisal by the Director.
Education and Experience
1. Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software (Microsoft Office suite, Quickbooks, etc.)
2. Knowledge in the operation of standard office equipment
3. Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
4. Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
5. One (1) year experience in an office setting is required; three or more (3+) years are desirable
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Schedule and Benefits
The CEF NAL Office Manager/Bookkeeper begins as a part-time position. The position with begin at between 8 and 16 hours per week. Unspecified periodic reviews of the Office Manager/Bookkeeper position will be conducted, resulting in potential increases to the hours per week and/or the hourly rate. The Director will establish the weekly work schedule. Some telework is expected. The Office Manager/Bookkeeper is expected to attend all meetings of CEF NAL Committee unless specifically excepted.