The local director is responsible for:
- fulfilling the purpose of Child Evangelism Fellowship
- executing and accomplishing the plans and objectives of USA Ministries, the local committee and state board
- overseeing all ministry within the local chapter with the assistance of the local committee, volunteers and part-time staff
The local director should demonstrate a balanced approach to Christian living in:
- a daily walk with God
- local church
- Promotes the ministry in the local chapter with the goal of increasing church partnerships and primary ministries of After-School Good News Club and 5-Day Clubs staffed by Christian Youth In Action®.
- Recruits staff and volunteers, ensuring that they are adequately trained and equipped for ministry.
- Work with a volunteer to develop and grow the prayer program.
- Maintains direct ministry contact with children through CEF sponsored programs.
- Builds and maintains Christian Youth In Action® ministry. Provide additional ministry opportunities to CYIA missionaries during the year.
- Arrange and help present training such as Overview & Quick Start Training for ASGNC in the fall and Pre-training in the spring for CYIA to prepare students for training in June.
- Promotes further opportunities to serve-including Short-term Missions and other CEF ministries.
- Participates in the CYIA training school as assigned by the state director.
- Develops with the local committee, and effectively communicates the vision and written strategic plan for the evangelization and discipleship of all the children within the local chapter and oversees the implementation of that plan.
- Strives to develop and establish ministry among the children in unreached cities, towns and school districts within the local chapter area.
- Recruits people to do the work of the ministry (both paid and volunteer).
- Meets regularly with the paid and volunteer staff members to provide encouragement, counsel, evaluation of ministry goals and leadership development.
- Encourages the local committee to take advantage of committee training opportunities available.
- Works with the local committee and paid staff to raise sufficient funds to accomplish the plans and objectives laid out by the local committee.
- Follows the policies and procedures of the state and national organizations and sees that all staff and volunteers are adhering to the policies.
- Completes routine employee appraisals with all paid staff.
- Oversees (and teaches if necessary) the teacher training program and provides the necessary training for the staff to perform the job well.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are being followed and keeps adequate records.
- Works with the budget committee to develop an annual budget at the beginning of the fiscal year for approval by the local committee.
- Submits the budget of the local chapter to the state director for state board approval.
- Ensures that all reports, minutes, communications and moneys are forwarded to the proper offices in a timely manner.
- Ensures that receipts and thank-you notes are mailed in a timely manner.
- Communicates accurately and in a timely manner with the state director and local committee.
- Attends all local directors meetings sponsored by the state office.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the local committee and/or state director.
The following skills will be needed. The level of proficiency can be developed.
MS PowerPoint and E-mail .
MS Publisher, Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat basic.
Computers, Projectors are used by some ASGNCs.
As a religious organization, Child Evangelism Fellowship is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion.