CEF of Southern California, Inc., Pasadena Chapter
The Office Associate is responsible for overseeing general office procedures, bookkeeping, mailings, typing, filing, telephone support, and general office maintenance.
The Office Associate will perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the Director and/or CEF Committee to facilitate the efficient operation of the Child Evangelism Fellowship organization.
For fruitful work it is essential that the Office Associate have the following qualifications:
- Be a growing Christian
- Be a team player
- Be flexible, cheerful, patient
- Ability to meet people comfortably and confidently
- Be organized, competent, efficient, creative
- Be computer proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and other software programs.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Writing and editing ability, possess proficiency in grammar, usage and style
- Able to safeguard confidential material
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet visitors to the office; provide assistance whenever possible
- Answer the telephone cordially, direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff members
- Handle miscellaneous details (unscheduled, unspecified, unexpected as assigned by the Director)
Office Administration/ Secretarial Responsibilities
- Handle office mail, including pick-up, drop-off, distribution, and responding as appropriate
- Prepare mailings, newsletters, invoices/ billing
- Arrange, price and organize material for sale and distribution
- Acquire a working knowledge of CEF Press curriculum, songs, etc.
- Forward incoming general e-mails, voice mails, etc., to appropriate staff member
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities
- Filing of Chapter Committee minutes, reports, documents, etc.
- Type at least 25 words per minute
- Update records/contacts, including an accurate database– update labels as needed
- Maintain and follow-up with Chapter’s statistical reports
- Keep an inventory of and order supplies for office and programs.
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment in consultation with the Director
- Recruit and supervise volunteer help for routine tasks as needed
- Take initiative in problem solving
- Assist in design and prepare brochures, cover title pages
- Prepare public relations pieces (mailers and flyers)
- Keep website calendar and information up to date
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements and responsibilities are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may need to lift boxes of paper, files, open filing cabinets and bend and stand as necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Administrative Assistant will be under the direct supervision of the Director and the CEF Committee, and will receive a yearly job review and performance appraisal by the Director.
Hours: Part-time Mondays 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm; Tuesday-Thursday, from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm. Once a month Saturdays 8:00 am – 1:00 pm.
Education and Experience
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
- 1-3 years experience in an office setting.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a part time position. Hourly rate is $12.00 up to 20 hours per week. Sick time and vacation time will accrue.
To apply for this job please visit cefonline.com.