Position: Receptionist / Human Resources Apprentice
Department: Human Resources
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Human Resources
- Operates main switchboard.
- Greets visitors to CEF International Headquarters.
- Performs other receptionist responsibilities.
- Assists Director of Human Resources.
- Partakes in on-the-job training to learn all aspects of human resources administration.
- Answers incoming calls, transfers calls, takes messages as needed.
- Notifies Information Services department of problems with telephone system.
- Greets visitors and guests at the reception area, oversees guest sign-in book and guest badges, directs guests to their destinations.
- Arranges tours of facilities for guests. Prepares guest packets.
- Maintains the general appearance of the reception area.
- Updates message board at front entrance.
- Takes meal reservations for guests and employees. Oversees meal payments for food services.
- Prepares and emails daily prayer requests and announcements to the staff.
- Assists the Human Resources department by
- Preparing birthday cards for employee birthdays.
- Keeping records of emergency information, updating forms annually.
- Recording vacation and sick time and notifying employees of the balance.
- Distributing personnel forms and materials to employees as requested.
- Maintaining and updating employee phone directory.
- Performs other assignments as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Receives training in maintaining personnel office and administration of benefits.
- Hiring new employees.
- Administrating payroll.
- Keeping employee records.
- Employee termination.
- Insurance programs.
- Staff care.
Essential Job Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Computer proficiency.
- Knowledge of operation and ability to use switchboard.
As a religious organization, Child Evangelism Fellowship is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion.
To apply for this job please visit cefonline.com.