Ministry to children and families living along the Colorado River you will find an established and thriving ministry. A strong and supportive committee, 9 Good News Clubs in public schools, Native American communities open to ministry, and good churches ready to partner to share the Good News. The current director has served the past 10 years as a volunteer, and will be available to teach clubs and help with training ministry if desired.
The local director is responsible for:
- fulfilling the purpose of Child Evangelism Fellowship
- executing and accomplishing the plans and objectives of the state board and CEF USA Ministries
- overseeing all ministry within the local chapter
The local director should demonstrate a balanced approach to Christian living in:
- a daily walk with God
- local church
- Develops, implements and grows an effective prayer program.
- Aggressively pursues primary ministries that fulfill the full purpose of CEF through church partnerships and continual promotion within the sphere of his/her influence.
- Enlists, equips and encourages staff and volunteers with the goal of building a multi-staff team.
- Maintains direct ministry contact with children through CEF sponsored programs.
- Builds and maintains Christian Youth In Action (CYIA) ministry. Enlists staff and volunteers to help recruit short-term missionaries. Provides year-round ministry opportunities to CYIA
- Promotes further opportunities to serve – including Good News Across America and other CEF
- Participates in the CYIA training school as assigned by the state director.
- Strives to develop and establish ministry among the children in unreached areas within the local chapter.
- Meets regularly with paid and volunteer staff members to provide encouragement, counsel and direction.
- Aids paid and volunteer staff in developing and evaluating their ministry goals.
- Encourages the local committee to take advantage of committee training opportunities available.
- Assists the local committee in raising sufficient funds to accomplish the plans and objectives laid out by the local committee.
- Provides assistance and training to the paid staff as they seek to raise sufficient funds for their ministry.
- Completes routine employee appraisals with all paid staff.
- Works with paid staff, summer missionaries and volunteers, helping them in leadership development skills.
- Oversees (and teaches if necessary) the teacher training program and provides the necessary training for the staff to perform the job well.
- Develops with the local committee, and effectively communicates, the vision and strategic plan for the evangelization and discipleship of all of the children within the local chapter and oversees the implementation of that plan.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are being followed, including governance regulations.
- Keeps accurate and complete records.
- Works with the budget committee to develop an annual budget at the beginning of the fiscal year for approval by the local committee.
- Works with the treasurer of the local chapter to submit the final budget to the state director for state board approval.
- Ensures that all reports, minutes, communications and moneys are forwarded to the proper offices in a timely manner.
- Sends thank-you notes and ensures that receipts are mailed in a timely manner.
- Communicates accurately and in a timely manner with state director and local committee.
- Attends all meetings sponsored by the state office.
As a religious organization, Child Evangelism Fellowship is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion.
To apply for this job please visit fs26.formsite.com.