CEF of South Carolina
Job Title – Office Manager
Hours – Not to exceed 40
Reports to – Local Director
Location – Child Evangelism Fellowship of SC, Inc. Greater Pee Dee Chapter
1. Believes and signs CEF Statement of Faith and manifests a Christ-controlled and disciplined life
2. Has a burden and vision to reach lost children with the Gospel
3. Has the ability to multi-task and is a self-starter; flexible
4. Strong computer and typing skills including work with Microsoft Office
5. Strong accounting skills
6. Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer-service skills with the ability to act as a resource for, provide customer service in a courteous manner to, and work effectively with diverse groups of people. Writing skills sufficient to compose and edit a variety of documents using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, with the ability to pay close attention to detail and proofread work carefully.
7. Good organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills with the ability to work accurately: Organizational skills sufficient to prioritize work and complete assignments accurately, either independently or as part of a team, under pressure of competing deadlines and with frequent interruptions, working from own initiative and/or following direction, policies, and procedures. Ability to identify needs, maintain, and build relationships between CEF and others. Ability to use analytical and decision-making skills to offer options and resolve problems in a variety of contexts. Ability to maintain organized records and files for easy access and retrieval.
8. Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling confidential materials and matters. Ability to ensure compliance to applicable laws, guidelines, policies, procedures, and practices.
9. Ability to work a variable schedule on occasion, including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends.
1. Must pray for the ministry before the start of any CEF work with others and during personal quiet time
2. Meet all CEF state and national requirements
3. Support CEF through prayer and financial giving
4. Assist in maintaining general upkeep, procedures, and security of the office
5. Work under the direction of the Director in whatever capacities needed
1. Maintain bookkeeping procedures including
a. Record income and make bank deposits
b. Receipt contributions and send thank you letters
c. Pay any debt as it comes due for payment in a timely manner; reimburse mileage and other reimbursements
d. Verify tax payment, reconcile credit card statements, balance bank statements, and close out the books monthly
2. Issue invoices, order materials, and oversee sales
3. Prepare financial statements
4. Maintain an orderly filing system including details for events and fundraisers
5. Maintain the chart of accounts
6. Prepare payroll in a timely manner
7. Provide clerical and administrative support as needed
1. Answer the phone
2. Check mail and distribute/respond accordingly
3. Assist in preparing newsletter and social media content
4. Maintain the CEF database (Trailblazer) to insure integrity in the information
5. Help develop and maintain regular communication efforts to donors and volunteers to thank, inform, and encourage (including phone calls, mailing, emails, visits, etc.)
1. Maintain guest list and record in the CEF database
2. Assist with planning and preparation of events, e.g. Materials Workshop, Fellowship Dinner, Golf Tournament, etc.
3. Process, verify, and organize event specific funds in a timely manner after each event
4. Compile and maintain event specific reports
5. Send follow up materials in a timely manner to donors/event participants after each event
1. Ensure the integrity of the volunteer application process (Child Protection Policy)
2. Assist as needed in GNC, 5-Day Club, training, or other CEF ministries
1. Be familiar with all CEF material
2. Keep inventory of materials kept in the office
1. Note all postal changes with 1st class and bulk mail
2. Assist the Director in any capacity of office work
3. Review purchases and services to maintain lowest possible costs
As a religious organization, Child Evangelism Fellowship is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion.