Website Child Evangelism Fellowship of Maryland, Inc.
CEF of Maryland, is a growing ministry within CEF international with its state headquarters in Windsor Mill, MD. The Board of Directors is seeking a mature Christian with strong leadership and vision to lead and influence organizational effectiveness and growth. The candidate must be able to demonstrate a life ordered by biblical practices and precepts; a passion for evangelizing children for a life-commitment to Christ; and a solid discipleship connection to a local church assembly where they fellowship in good standing.
The State Director is a multi-faceted position responsible for the operations and strategic expansion of CEF statewide. This position provides oversight and direction to paid staff, local CEF board leadership and program volunteers. Programmatic activities for CEF Maryland include but are not limited to the establishment and maintenance of Good News Clubs® held in public schools, homes and other community venues, and 5-Day Clubs® taught by young people via the Christian Youth In Action® summer ministry leadership program.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, management, accounting, organizational management, or related field and a minimum of five years of experience in a supervisory, leadership position, preferably in a 501(c)(3) non-profit religious organization.
- An associate’s degree or certification in missions, theology, ministry leadership, Christian education, biblical studies or some related field with seven years of experience may be substituted; or a master’s degree in in missions, theology, ministry leadership, Christian education, biblical studies or some related field with three years of experience may be substituted.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to think critically, and pay close attention to details.
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, written, verbal and digital) that can translate financial complexities and community engagement analytics into helpful information for a variety of audiences.
- Excellent presentation skills to establish community partnerships, develop biblically focused trainings, conduct workshops, and coordinate statewide conferences suitable for diverse audiences at all levels.
- Excellent management of personnel and financial operations to assist in advancing a robust, reliable financial management.
- Marketing knowledge and ability to develop and implement strategies to promote CEF’s mission and recruit new volunteers and donors.
- A proven track record in developing strategies and plans to build ministry, including establishing new chapters, developing local committees, and improving chapter effectiveness to cover the entire state.
- Familiar with current technologies and willing to learn new skills.
- Willingness to complete required CEF training for this position, including the Children’s Ministries Institute® online or on campus and State Director’s Institute.
State Coordinator Personal/Skills Requirements Summarized:
- A mature Christian with leadership, vision and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- A team leader who is also self-motivated and self-directed
- An effective communicator, planner, presenter and promoter
- A biblical world-view with a multi-cultural perspective
As a religious organization, CEF is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion.
To apply for this job please visit fs26.formsite.com.