Job Description: Systems Specialist
Department: Data Systems
Present Employee: None
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Data Systems
Manages mission critical software and underlying data, supports users and assists in managing projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Managing mission critical software and underlying data
- Interacts with software vendors and their support teams to correct data and software issues.
- Performs software upgrades.
- May assist in report development or modification.
- May extract data as requested by end users, with appropriate approval.
- Helps users better understand and follow procedures that both protect the data and meet business objectives.
- Meets with users to better understand their needs and proposes data, report and software changes required to meet their needs.
- Act as an advocate and a conduit for users and vendor’s support personnel.
- Works with the Director of Data Systems to define specifications for software and enhancements.
- Develops written requests for proposal.
- Gathers and vets potential vendors.
- Interacts with potential vendors to communicate RFP’s and obtain proposals.
- Manages projects internally for CEF.
Other duties as required
Knowledge, skills and abilities
Excellent skills in the areas of responsibility. Good communication skills. Strong problem solving, planning and organizational skills. Goal oriented, positive attitude, self motivated.
Certifications or comparable experience in A+, Network+, Linux+, database MCITP and project management helpful but not required. Beginning to intermediate knowledge of SQL coding is strongly preferred.
As a religious organization, Child Evangelism Fellowship is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://cefonline.com/apply →