Website Child Evangelism Fellowship Inc.
POSITION: Women’s Coach and Care Advisor
DEPARTMENT: International Ministries
SUPERVISOR: Director of Outreach
Responsible for female US sent missionaries providing coaching and care, helping them thrive, and persevere in the area of their calling by gaining an understanding of their needs, providing prayer, encouragement, accountability, affirmation, and needed resources.
Realizes the importance of the CEF Culture Points and commits to upholding them personally and in the ministry of CEF (The importance of Godly leadership at every level, of the spiritual welfare of our workers, of prayer as our foundation, of evangelizing children, of a clear and Biblical presentation of the Gospel and of a commitment to excellence, for the glory of God).
- Works with the female missionary candidates ensuring that they make consistent and timely progress toward their customized Ministry Preparation Program goals.
- Helps candidates in the process of becoming and remaining fully supported (referring to Kingdom Come training and coaching services as needed), equipped, and trained for fruitful ministry to children. The coach will provide the candidate with the encouragement, accountability, and guidance needed to prepare for the mission field.
- Updates supervisor on ministry preparation process of candidates
- Takes part in Missionary Prep School.
- Reads and responds with specificity to female missionaries’ quarterly reports
- Keeps all the assigned missionaries’ files up to date on an annual basis and when changes occur
- Logs a list of prayer and praise requests from assigned missionaries and prays with them regularly
- Updates supervisor on situations faced by assigned missionaries (support level, etc.)
- Contacts assigned missionaries by phone/online meeting no less than once per month for encouragement, prayer, and discerning any needs. Additionally, contacts them by email as needed regarding the upkeep of records.
- Researches and recommends additions and deletions to the Missionary Resource Booklet.
- Consistently updates the encouragement file specific to individual US Sent Missionaries, listing items appropriate for gifts and recognition opportunities.
- Ensures appropriate IM leadership member is made aware of any concerning situations that could affect the ministry or the individual.
- Coordinates signing and sending of cards for assigned missionaries’ achievements and encouragement. Sends gifts as appropriate (e.g., care boxes for missionary kids in college, encouragement resources for struggling individuals, etc.)
- Coordinates ministry service awards for assigned missionaries (includes retirement gifts), sending them each month as needed.
- Provides information to IHQ Guest Services for any assigned missionaries who are visiting.
- Shares individual prayer requests and needs with the IM department during staff devotions and in an email digest each quarter upon completing the review of quarterly reports.
- Arranges luncheons/outings with the IM department and assigned missionaries when they visit
- Assists with the arrangement of luncheons with international students attending CMI as requested by supervisor.
- Travels, as assigned by IM leadership to international locations to encourage female U.S. sent missionaries, and better understand their needs.
- Prepares weekly report to supervisor.
- Attends the International Conference.
- Communicates regularly with personal donors and prayer partners and visits them as needed to maintain support level.
- Orders and maintains a stock of cards/encouragement gifts/ books for the care of all missionaries.
- Coordinates with supervisor to have on hand a few encouraging items for sending.
- With supervisor approval, provides assistance in IM department projects/events.
Qualifications And Skills Necessary:
- Must be female. Though the coach and care specialist is a resource for all CEF U.S. sent missionaries, the women’s coach and care specialist serves as a special liaison to female missionaries. Due to the specific nature of that indispensable work, only female candidates will be considered.
- Must have a minimum of one-year international field experience as a missionary, missionary child living at home, or with a non-governmental organization.
- Strong understanding of and ability to bring a relational ministry approach to the position.
- Proven organizational skills.
As a religious organization, Child Evangelism Fellowship is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion.
To apply for this job please visit fs21.formsite.com.