From: Jonathan Musgrave, CEF of Nebraska, USA
Have you reached out to your clubbers recently? Here are some ideas to try:
- Each week hand out candy or other types of giveaways in a drive through at the sponsoring church or school. Also provide materials to work on through the week. This gives ongoing contact with the children and their families.
- Send a weekly email with attached coloring pages, devotional thoughts, Bible puzzles, etc.
- Challenge teachers to commit to pray for the children for the amount of time they would have been in club.
- Postcard challenge: Send post cards to each child.
- Sidewalk chalk challenge: Have children do sidewalk drawings and have their parents share the pictures with you. You could even make it a contest.
- Make video calls directly with the children and their families.
- Divide the children into groups. Have your volunteers contact those in their group each week and communicate back and forth with each other.
- If the club is connected to a church, have the church purchase gift cards (drive-through food) and drop them off to the children and families.
- Partner with food banks or churches that are distributing food and add something special for the children.
For answers to questions on this topic email firstname.lastname@example.org.