2009 Little Rock
Phase one of Little Rock ’09 is complete, and the Lord certainly answered our prayers that “He would do exceeding abundantly beyond anything we asked or thought!” It’s difficult to know where to begin to recount the blessings of the project, but in every aspect God was good!
- The Lord sent 109 CEF workers from 26 states to serve 30 partnering churches. That’s an increase of 13 workers over Chicagoland ’08. We praise the Lord for sending just the right number for the partnering churches He gave us.
- 1,874 children heard the Gospel during just one week of ministry.
- 252 were counseled for salvation
- 60 received assurance of salvation
- Over 1,000 people attended the rallies on Friday night, and now the churches are continuing to build relationships with those families and children.
- Over 400 volunteers from partnering churches helped with outreach!
- 567 children enrolled in the CEF Mailbox Club™
- The Children’s Ministries Institute® faculty provided training for partnering churches to start Good News Clubs this fall.
- CEF also had the privilege of training all the children’s counselors for the Luis Palau meetings being held in Little Rock on October 24 and 25.
- Praise the Lord for Abundant Life School and the wonderful relationship we enjoyed as they partnered with us by providing their facilities as the base camp for our teams.
- Praise the Lord that the advisory committee for the future Little Rock chapter met for the first time on Saturday, August 1.
God was at work in Little Rock, and those of us who served are excited to see what He has planned over the next few months as Good News Clubs begin in the schools.
We are trusting that God will continue His work through Good News Across America in Boston July 19-31, 2010.