Website CEF of Empire State, Inc.
Child Evangelism Fellowship® is a Bible-centered organization composed of born-again believers whose purpose is to evangelize boys and girls with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and to establish (disciple) them in the Word of God and in a local church for Christian living.
The director for CEF of Empire State, Inc., Greater Buffalo Area Chapter oversees the growth of Good News Clubs and other Child Evangelism Fellowship® ministries in Erie County, NY. The director works with our established local committee in fundraising, builds relationships with area pastors, and encourages churches to involve themselves in children’s ministry.
- Fulfill the purpose of CEF
- Execute and accomplishing the vision of the state board and USA Ministries
- Oversee all aspects of the local chapter
- Understand that the foundation of ministry is prayer
- Lead by example in developing, implementing, improving and growing an effective local prayer program
- Aggressively pursue church partnerships which will fulfill the purpose of CEF: evangelize, disciple and establish the next generation to God and His church
- Identify, enlist, equip, develop, and encourage others to become an effective, multi-staff team serving God in this ministry
- Involved in a minimum level of direct ministry with children to maintain an understanding of today’s child and to adequately evaluate the effectiveness of CEF programs
- Identify students (grades 9 – college) who may be potential Christian Youth in Action® students
- Personally participate in CYIA™ as assigned by state leadership, and help CYIA become/remain successful
- Establish, develop, and improve ministry effectiveness throughout the entire chapter
- Work with the local committee in providing vision and strategic plans for evangelizing and discipling all children within the chapter
- Strive to establish the children with local churches
- Meet regularly with and lead ministry staff and volunteers to provide encouragement, counsel, and direction
- Assist ministry staff and volunteers in developing and evaluating their ministry goals
- Encourage the local committee to take advantage of committee training opportunities
- Work with the local committee in raising sufficient funds for the ministry
- Annually assess all ministry staff
- Develop leadership skills in ministry staff, volunteers, and summer missionaries
- Oversee and constantly evaluate the teacher training program
- Ensure that all CEF policies and procedures are followed and proper governance is maintained
- Keep accurate and complete records
- Work with the local committee to develop/submit an annual budget to the state director for state board approval to be implemented January 1
- Ensure that all reports, minutes, communications, money, and donor receipts are submitted as required
- Communicate accurately about the chapter condition to the state director and local committee
- Attend all state-office-sponsored meetings as requested by the state director or board
- Possess leadership qualities as found in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Have a demonstrated love for Jesus Christ and prayer, and an unquestionable passion to reach kids with the Gospel
- A continual learner, relevant, strategist, and loves people
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to lead and build a team that is diverse in skills, experience and culture
- Love the local church and other Christian organizations and value them as ministry partners
- Have skills to identify other leaders, organize groups, cast vision and evaluate the ministry programs
As a religious organization, Child Evangelism Fellowship Inc. is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion.
To apply for this job please visit fs26.formsite.com.