Website CEF of Michigan, Inc.
Child Evangelism Fellowship® is a Bible-centered organization composed of born-again believers whose purpose is to evangelize boys and girls with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and to establish (disciple) them in the Word of God and in a local church for Christian living.
The state director for CEF of Michigan, Inc. executes and accomplishes the vision of the state board and CEF® USA.
- Fulfill the purpose of Child Evangelism Fellowship
- Execute and accomplishing the vision of the state board and CEF USA
- Oversee all aspects of the state ministry – leadership, ministry, finance, and administration
- Understand the foundation of ministry is prayer and lead by example in developing, implementing, improving, and growing an effective state prayer program
- Pursue and speak with churches and Christian businesses regarding God’s love for the next generation
- Identify, enlist, equip, develop, and encourage others to get involved with God in this ministry
- Maintain a minimum level of direct ministry with children to maintain an understanding of today’s child and to adequately evaluate the effectiveness of CEF programs in the state
- Be able to establish and/or improve Christian Youth in Action® as a next generation recruitment tool for future leaders
- Establish new chapters, develop local committees, and improve chapter effectiveness to cover the entire state.
- Regularly meet and work with all established local committees in providing vision and strategic plans for reaching and discipling all children within the chapter, striving to connect them with local churches
- Meet regularly with local staff to provide encouragement, counsel, and direction
- Assist staff in developing and evaluating their ministry goals
- Develop, implement, and execute a local committee training plan
- Work with the state board in raising sufficient funds for the ministry
- Annually assess all ministry staff
- Work with the state board on developing a succession plan for the state director and all local directors
- Develop leadership skills in staff, volunteers, and summer missionaries
- Shepherd all ministry workers, paid and volunteer, through regular contact, emails, encouragement, etc.
- Ensure all CEF policies and procedures are followed and proper governance is maintained
- Keep accurate and complete records
- Present all local budgets to the state board for approval
- Work with the state board to develop an annual state budget implemented January 1
- Ensure all reports, minutes, communications, money, and donor receipts are submitted as required
- Communicate accurately to the state board about overall state ministry health
- Attend all USA-sponsored events as requested by USA Ministries
- Possess leadership qualities as found in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Have a demonstrated love for Jesus Christ and prayer, and a passion to reach children with the Gospel
- Have prior and proven leadership experience
- A continual learner, relevant, big-picture thinker, strategist, and love people
- Demonstrates an understanding of how to lead and build a team that is diverse in skills, experience and culture
- Have skills to mentor, cast vision, and evaluate all aspects of state ministry
- Love the local church/other Christian organizations and value them as ministry partners
As a religious organization, Child Evangelism Fellowship Inc. is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion.
To apply for this job please visit fs26.formsite.com.