Website CEF of West Texas, Inc.
Child Evangelism Fellowship® is a Bible-centered organization composed of born-again believers whose purpose is to evangelize boys and girls with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and to establish (disciple) them in the Word of God and in a local church for Christian living.
Our state is seeking God’s person to succeed our current state director of CEF of West Texas Inc. upon her retirement. The state director reports to the State Board and USA Ministries.
The state director of CEF of West Texas Inc. is a developer of developers (local directors), chapters and is the face of the state ministry.
State Director Qualifications
- Possess leadership qualities as found in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus
- Has a demonstrated love for Jesus Christ and prayer, and a passion to reach children with the Gospel.
- Has prior and proven leadership experience.
- Be a continual learner, relevant, big-picture thinker, strategist, love people and demonstrate an
understanding of how to lead and build a team that is diverse in skills, experience and culture.
- Has skills to mentor, cast vision, and evaluate all aspects of state ministry.
- Love the local church/other Christian organizations and value them as ministry partners.
- Fulfill the purpose of CEF®.
- Execute and accomplish the vision of the state board and CEF USA.
- Oversee all aspects of the state ministry – leadership, ministry, finance, and administration.
- Understand that the foundation of ministry is prayer and lead by example in with commitment to
developing, implementing, improving, and growing an effective state prayer program.
- Pursue and speak with churches and Christian businesses regarding God’s love for the next generation.
- Be able to identify, enlist, equip, develop, and encourage others to participate with God in this ministry.
- Maintain a minimum level of direct ministry with children to maintain an understanding of today’s child
and to adequately evaluate the effectiveness of CEF programs in the state.
- Be able to establish and/or improve Christian Youth In Action® as a next generation recruitment tool for future leaders.
- Establish new chapters, develop local committees, and improve chapter effectiveness to cover the entire state.
- Regularly meet and work with all established local committees in providing vision and strategic plans for
reaching and discipling all children within the chapter, striving to connect them with local churches.
- Meet regularly with local staff to provide encouragement, counsel, and direction.
- Assist staff in developing and evaluating their ministry goals.
- Develop, implement, and execute a local committee training plan.
- Work with the state board in raising sufficient funds for the ministry.
- Annually assess all ministry staff.
- Work with the state board on developing a succession plan for the state director and all local directors.
- Develop leadership skills in staff, volunteers, and summer missionaries.
- Shepherd all ministry workers, paid and volunteer, through regular contact, emails, encouragement, etc.
- Ensure that all CEF policies and procedures are followed and proper governance is maintained.
- Keep accurate and complete records.
- Present all local budgets to the state board for approval.
- Work with the state board to develop an annual state budget to implement January 1.
- Ensure that all reports, minutes, communications, money, and donor receipts are submitted as required.
- Communicate accurately to the state board about overall state ministry health.
- Attend all USA-sponsored events as requested by USA Ministries.
- Someone to be called of God for this position.
- “But on this one will I look:
On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit,
And who trembles at My word.” – Isaiah 66:2b
- Someone who would be able to start July 1, 2024.
- The state director is not required to live in Wichita Falls.
As a religious organization, Child Evangelism Fellowship Inc. is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion.
To apply for this job please visit fs26.formsite.com.