|The Assistant State Director works alongside the State Director in:
- Fulfilling the purpose of Child Evangelism Fellowship® (CEF) within the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Executing and accomplishing the plans and objectives of the CEF of Virginia state board and CEF USA Ministries.
- Assisting in the oversight and building of ministry within the state, particularly pioneering and fulfilling the State Board’s strategic regional planning.
The Assistant State Director will provide assistance to the State Director, local directors and local committees in building ministry throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia. This objective will include, but not be limited to:
- Spearheading the state’s pioneering effort by developing new chapters from unchartered areas:
A. Recruit potential committee members and volunteers
B. Assist in the identification and hiring or promoting staff
- Assisting existing chapters to develop areas in accordance with the State Board’s strategic regional plan
- Establishing and providing oversight of externship program
- Establishing CEF student organizations at Virginia Christian colleges, enlisting them to get involved in CEF ministry
- Helping with the state’s training efforts to conduct CEF ministry
- Assist State Director with strategic planning
- Assist with event planning and coordination of promotional events and yearly statewide retreat
- Raise needed financial support
- Ensure compliance of CEF policies and procedures
- Willing to travel throughout the state
|The candidate must be confident of God’s calling and:
- Have a demonstrated love for Jesus Christ
- Have a passion to reach children with the Gospel
- Possess exemplary Christian character
- Be experienced in ministry or mentorship with teens and young adults
- Possess leadership capabilities and experience
- Have a background in ministry
- Exhibit proven administrative ability, especially in being disciplined and organized
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (interpersonal, written, verbal and digital)
- Possess effective presentation skills to establish church and community partnerships
- Have at least one year of Bible college training. (In some cases, candidates may be allowed to test out of this requirement.)
- Successfully complete required Children’s Ministries Institute courses and practicums
- Express value for people of diverse cultures
Child Evangelism Fellowship Inc. is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion.